To see different cloud application views, set up the following:
- A FortiGate having a relative firewall policy with the Application Control security profile.
- A FortiGate with log data from the local disk or FortiAnalyzer.
- Optional but highly recommended: SSL Inspection set to deep-inspection on relative firewall policies.
All cloud applications require SSL Inspection set to deep-inspection on the firewall policy. For example,
Facebook_File.Download can monitor Facebook download behavior which requires SSL deep-inspection to parse the deep information in the network packets.
- Go to Security Profiles > Application Control.
- Select a relative Application Control profile used by the firewall policy and click Edit.
- On the Edit Application Sensor page, click View Application Signatures.
- Hover over a column heading or the Application Signature bar. In the right gutter area, click the filter icon to filter the applications.
Cloud applications have a cloud icon beside them.
The lock icon indicates that the application requires SSL deep inspection.
- Hover over an item to see its details.
This example shows Gmail_Attachment.Download, a cloud application signature based sensor which requires SSL deep inspection. If any local network user behind the firewall logs into Gmail and downloads a Gmail attachment, that activity is logged.
Applications with cloud behavior is a superset of cloud applications.
Some applications do not require SSL deep inspection, such as Facebook, Gmail, and YouTube. This means that if any traffic trigger application sensors for these applications, there is a FortiView cloud application view for that traffic.
Other applications require SSL deep inspection, such as Gmail attachment, Facebook_Workplace, and so on.
- In the Application Signature page, ensure the Behavior column is displayed. If necessary, add the Behavior column.
- Hover over the left side of the table column headings to display the Configure Table icon.
- Click Configure Table and select Behavior.
- Click Apply.
- Click the filter icon in the Behavior column and select Cloud to filter by Cloud. Then click Apply.
- The Application