This is a sample configuration of SSL VPN for users with passwords that expire after two days. Users are warned after one day about the password expiring. The password policy can be applied to any local user password. The password policy cannot be applied to a user group or a local remote user such as LDAP/RADIUS/TACACS+.
In FortiOS 6.2, users are warned after one day about the password expiring and have one day to renew it. If the password expires, the user cannot renew the password and must contact the administrator for assistance.
In FortiOS 6.0/5.6, users are warned after one day about the password expiring and have to renew it. If the password expires, the user can still renew the password.
WAN interface is the interface connected to ISP. This example shows static mode. You can also use DHCP or PPPoE mode. The SSL VPN connection is established over the WAN interface.
- Configure the interface and firewall address. The port1 interface connects to the internal network.
- Go to Network > Interfaces and edit the wan1 interface.
- Set IP/Network Mask to 172.20.120.123/255.255.255.0.
- Edit port1 interface and set IP/Network Mask to 192.168.1.99/255.255.255.0.
- Click OK.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Address and create an address for internet subnet 192.168.1.0.
- Configure user and user group.
- Go to User & Authentication > User Definition to create a local user.
- Go to User & Authentication > User Groups to create a user group and add that local