This topic describes one of multiple configuration methods available with this SDN connector type. See the More Links section on the right sidebar for other methods.
- Go to Security Fabric > External Connectors.
- Click Create New, then select OpenStack (Horizon).
- Configure the fields as follows:
- Name: Name the connector as desired.
- IP: Enter the OpenStack management component's IP address. Generally you can find it in the OpenStack identity.
- User name: Enter the specified node's administrator name.
- Password: Enter the administrator password.
- Click OK. The SDN connector is now configured.
The next step is to create an address that will be used as an address group or single address that acts as the source/destination for firewall policies. The address is based on IP addresses and contains VM instances' IP addresses.
No matter what changes occur to the instances, the SDN connector populates and updates the changes automatically based on the specified filtering condition so that administrators do not need to reconfigure the address content manually. Appropriate firewall policies using the address are applied to instances that are members of the address.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Addr