If your FortiGate is accessible on a wireless network, you can connect to it using FortiExplorer provided that your iOS device is on the same network (see Connecting FortiExplorer to a FortiGate via WiFi). Otherwise, you will need to physically connect your iOS device to the FortiGate using a USB cable.
- Connect your iOS device to your FortiGate USB A port. If prompted on your iOS device, Trust this computer.
- Open FortiExplorer and select your FortiGate from the FortiGate Devices list . A blue USB icon will indicate that you are connected over a USB connection.
- On the Login screen, select USB.
- Enter the default Username (
admin) and leave the Password field blank.
- Optionally, select Remember Password.
- Tap Done when you are ready.
FortiExplorer opens the FortiGate management interface to the Device Status page:
- Go to Network > Interfaces and configure the WAN interface or interfaces.
- The wan1 interface Address mode is set to DHCP by default. Set it to Manual and enter its Address, Netmask, and Default Gateway, and then Apply your changes.