You can use FortiGuard web categories to populate the category fields in various FortiView monitors such as FortiView Web Categories, FortiView Websites or FortiView Sources. To view the categories in a monitor, the web filter profile must be configured to at least monitor for a FortiGuard category based on a web filter and applied to a firewall policy for outbound traffic.
- Go to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Double-click a web filter that is applied to an outbound traffic firewall policy. The Edit Web Filter Profile window opens.
- Ensure FortiGuard category based filter is enabled.
In the image below, the General Interest - Business categories are monitor-only.
- Click Add Monitor. The Add Monitor window opens.
- In the Search field, type FortiView Web Categories and click the Add button next to the monitor name.
- In the FortiGate area, select the FortiGate(s) from the dropdown.
- In the Data Source area, click Best Available Device or Specify to select a device in the security fabric.
- From the Time Period dropdown, select a time period greater than Now.
- From the Sort By