This example describes how to monitor network traffic for YouTube using FortiView Applications view with SSL deep inspection.
- Create a firewall policy with the following settings:
- Application Control is enabled.
- SSL Inspection is set to deep-inspection.
- Log Allowed Traffic is set to All Sessions.
- Go to Security Profiles > Application Control.
- Select a relative Application Control profile used by the firewall policy and click Edit.
- Because YouTube cloud applications are categorized into Video/Audio, ensure the Video/Audio category is monitored. Monitored categories are indicate by an eye icon.
- Click View Application Signatures and hover over YouTube cloud applications to view detailed information about YouTube application sensors.
- Expand YouTube to view the Application Signatures associated with the application.
An attempt to access a video on YouTube.
An attempt to access a video on a specific channel on YouTube.
An attempt to post comments on YouTube.
An attempt to watch HD videos on YouTube.
An attempt to access messenger on YouTube.
An attempt to download and play a video from YouTube.