Apply a CLI configuration using a scheduled task
This option is typically used when configuring a group of devices that can interpret the same set of CLI commands. For example, if you are configuring devices to send traps back to your FortiNAC software, you can apply a CLI configuration using a scheduled task to configure them all at once instead of logging into each device individually.
- Go to System > Scheduler.
- Enter a Name for the task and an optional description.
- In the Action Type field select CLI. CLI actions are sets of command line instructions that are created in the CLI configuration view and saved to be executed elsewhere in the program.
- Select the Action from the list of CLI actions.
- From the Select a Group drop-down list, select the group of devices to which the CLI configuration will be applied.
- From the Schedule Type drop-down select either Fixed Day or Repetitive and set the day and time that the task is to be performed.
- A Fixed Day Task is one that you can schedule to run any day at any time. Selects the day(s) and time to run the task.
- Click the box next to the day(s) to select the day.
- Click the down arrows and select the hour, minutes, and AM or PM from the drop-down list for each day.
- To enter days/times more quickly, select Set Multiple Days to set multiple days with the same time.
- To remove all settings, select Clear All.
A Repetitive Task is one you configure to run on a given day, at a specific time for a specified number of repetitions. The repetition rate can be set to any number of minutes, hours, or days.
Enter the Repetition Rate using whole numbers.
A repetition rate of zero causes the task to run only once.
- Click the down arrow and select Minutes, Hours, or Days from the drop-down list.
- Enter the date and time for the task to run in the Next Scheduled Time field using the format MM/DD/YY hh:mm AM/PM Time Zone.
Click Update to update the Next Scheduled Time field or change the Repetition Rate.
The new Repetition Rate does not take effect immediately. It starts the next time the scheduled task runs. For the new Repetition Rate to take effect immediately, select Update.
- Click OK.