Configure table columns and tooltips
Use the configuration button on the User View, Adapter View, Host View, and Applications View to open the Settings window. The settings window controls the columns displayed in each view and the details displayed in tooltips when you hover over an icon.
- Click Configuration.
- When the Settings window displays, select the Table Columns tab.
- Mark the columns to be displayed in the table on the User, Adapter or Host View with a check mark and click OK.
- These settings are saved for the logged in user.
Select the fields to be displayed in the tooltip when you hover the mouse over the status icon of either a User, an Adapter, or a Host. Available fields vary depending on which item you are configuring.
- Click Configuration.
- When the Settings window displays, select the Table Tooltip tab.
- The Available Fields column displays fields that can be displayed, but have not yet been selected. The Selected Fields column displays fields that will display in the tooltip.
- Use the arrows in the center of the window to move fields from one column to the other until the appropriate set of fields is displayed in the Selected Fields column.
- Select a field in the Selected Fields column and use the up and down arrows to change the order of display. Use the Sort button to sort fields alphabetically.
- The Hide Blank Fields option is enabled by default. It reduces the size of the tooltip when selected fields are blank for a particular item. For example, if you have selected Host Expires and the selected Host does not have an expiration date, then when the tooltip for that host is displayed, the Host Expires field is hidden.
- Click OK to save your changes. These settings are saved for the logged in user.
Tooltips are displayed when you hover the mouse over a status icon in the User, Adapter, or Host Views. Tooltip details are configured using the Settings window shown in the previous section.
- When a tooltip is displayed, click the Push Pin icon to anchor it to the screen. Now you can move the tooltip around your desktop without it closing.
- High-light text in a tooltip and press Ctrl-C to copy it. Press Ctrl-V to paste the text in a field.
- Open and anchor multiple tooltips to quickly compare data.
- Hover over the status icon in the top left corner for text based status information.