To update your servers in a high availability environment note the following:
- The primary server must be running and in control in order to update the system.
- The secondary server(s) must be running.
- The primary server must be able to communicate with the secondary server(s).
- The primary server automatically updates the secondary server(s).
- If the secondary server(s) is in control, FortiNAC prevents you from updating and displays a message with detailed instructions indicating that the primary must be running and in control.
Update the primary server following the instructions for a regular system update in the FortiNAC admin UI. See Settings > Updates > System Update for update instructions.
If you have a FortiNAC Control Manager, you can run the update from the FortiNAC Control Manager and select all managed servers to propagate the update throughout your environment.