You use user preferences to change the admin UI theme, enable or disable alarm notifications, enable or disable desktop notifications, and enable or disable hotkeys. The FortiNAC saves preferences for each individual user.
To change your user preferences:
- Select Help > Preferences.
Use the Theme field to change the look and feel of the user interface.
If you have updated the user theme for an administrator, Theme must be set to Custom. For more information, see User theme.
Use the Alarm Notifications to enable or disable notifications in the menu bar when an alarm occurs. This also enables or disables alarm notifications on the login page.
If Alarm Notifications are disabled, Desktop Notifications are disabled by default.
To enable desktop notifications, select Enable Desktop Notifications. Enabling notifications changes settings in your browser and you're asked to confirm the change. If you don't confirm the change, a message appears stating Error updating browser settings.
To disable desktop notifications, either change the settings in your browser or disable Alarm Notifications.
If your browser doesn't support notifications, a message appears stating Desktop Notifications are not supported by this browser.
Desktop notifications are set on a per browser basis. They must be set again for each of these scenarios:
- If you use http://8080 and then use https://8443
- If you are in a high availability environment and switch between the Shared IP address and the actual IP, address of the primary server.
- If you have more than one FortiNAC appliance and you switch from one to another.
- Use the Hotkeys options to enable or disable use of Alt key combinations to access menus or perform specific actions, such as logging out.
- Click OK to save your settings.