Evaluation license keys
Evaluations license keys provide access to FortiNAC for a limited number of days allowing you to evaluate the system without purchasing a full license. Time is counted based on the amount of time the system has been running. When the system is shut down and restarted the time count continues from where it left off until the time limit is reached.
View time remaining
- Select System > Settings.
- In the tree and select System Management.
- Select License Management.
- Click View.
- Verify the data in the Evaluation Time field. This field displays the number of days configured for the evaluation license. If you are not using an evaluation license, the Evaluation Time field does not display.
Installing a new key
- If your evaluation license key has expired you are notified when you try to log into FortiNAC. The following message is displayed on the login window: Your Evaluation License has expired.
- Request a new key from your sales representative.
- Click Enter New Key to start the configuration wizard and apply the new key.
- Click the Enter New Key link.
- Enter the configuration wizard credentials.
- The License Key Validation window is displayed.
- Paste the text of the new license key into the License Key field.
- Click OK at the bottom of the License Key Validation window.
- Close the Configuration Wizard and log into FortiNAC.