As a guest manager sponsor, you must log into FortiNAC to create guest or contractor accounts. Once logged in, the permissions defined by your administrator in your sponsor’s administrator profile are applied. Depending on the permissions, you could be presented with a Locate tab, a Guest/Contractor Accounts tab, a View Reports tab, or all three.
Log in as a sponsor
You can access the sponsor privileges assigned to you only when you log into your account.
Use a web browser to access URL:
- Enter the username and password that was given to you by the administrator.
- A screen with the end-user license agreement opens. To access your sponsor account, read the agreement and press Accept.
- Based on your privileges, this screen will show a Bookmarks drop-down menu. From this menu you can select Guest/Contractor Accounts or Locate to locate hosts and users.
As a sponsor, you can:
- Create and manage Guest, Contractor, and Conference accounts.
- Locate guests, contractors, and other sponsors.
Sign-in to the kiosk you are in charge of to allow guests to create their own accounts for network access.
Guest sponsor users who sign in to the kiosk to prepare it for arriving guests have very limited permissions. If you are responsible for both the kiosk and managing Guest, Contractor and Conference accounts, you will need to have separate logins for each responsibility.
- To search for host or user records, click the Locate tab to open the Locate screen. See Locate.
- As a sponsor you will typically want to create accounts for guest, contractors, and conference members before they arrive. To create and manage accounts, clickBookmarks > Guest/Contractor to open the Create screen. See Guest/contractor accounts, Create bulk or multiple accounts, or Conference accounts.
- To view reports of guest or contractor accounts and registrations, click the View Reports link at the top of the Guest/Contractor Accounts view.
In addition to these privileges, guest manager sponsor users may also have permission to manage a self-serve kiosk or to manage guest self registration. The kiosk allows guests to create their own accounts for network access. The guest self registration option allows guests to send a request for network access which can be approved or denied by the sponsor. A sponsor with permissions to manage a self-serve kiosk or guest self registration, does not have permission to manage Guest, Contractor and Conference accounts. A user who is responsible for all of these types of guest account creation, must have a separate login for the Kiosk.
A kiosk is unique within guest manager. Once the sponsor's credentials for the kiosk have been entered, guests use the kiosk computer to create their own accounts. Network access is limited and there are generally time constraints. For more information on a self serve kiosk see Using a kiosk.