The following procedure describes the steps guests follow to activate their temporary account on their own regardless of how it was created. Guest accounts can be created either by an administrator, a sponsor, or the guest themselves using a kiosk. Once the guest has received his login credentials through one of these account creation methods, the activation process is as follows:
- Guests type in their e-mail address and the password that was generated when the account was created.
- Guests click Register or Download.
- The Welcome screen opens.
- The account information in this screen may be filled in if guests entered the data when they arrived. If they did not, they need to do so at this time to create their account. The fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are the pre-defined required fields.
- Guests click Continue. After a few moments, a pop-up screen appears with the
FortiNAC Dissolvable Agent.exefile. Guests save this file on their computer.
- Once guests are at the location in the facility where they will use their computer, they must run the .exe file, which scans their computer. The guest receives a pass or fail message.
- If the host does not pass the policy requirements, a remediation web page appears and directs the guest to correct the problems that inhibited opening his account.
- If the computer passes, the .exe file is automatically removed. Now the guest can go anywhere in the facility and connect to the network.