Security Fabric Connection
The Fortinet Security Fabric provides an intelligent architecture that interconnects discrete security solutions into an integrated whole to detect, monitor, block, and remediate attacks across the entire attack surface. It delivers broad protection and visibility into every network segment and device, be they hardware, virtual, or cloud based.
- The physical topology view shows all connected devices, including access layer devices. The logical topology view shows information about the interfaces that each device is connected to.
- Security rating checks analyze the Security Fabric deployment to identify potential vulnerabilities and highlight best practices to improve the network configuration, deploy new hardware and software, and increase visibility and control of the network.
- Fabric connectors provide integration with multiple SDN, cloud, and partner technology platforms to automate the process of managing dynamic security updates without manual intervention.
- Automation pairs an event trigger with one or more actions to monitor the network and take the designated actions automatically when the Security Fabric detects a threat.
At this time, FortiNAC integrates with the physical topology view only.
The Security Fabric Connector provides the ability to register FortiNAC in the Security Fabric Tree. Once registered, FortiNAC is visible in the Security Fabric Topology view on FortiOS products. The administrator can also login to FortiNAC Administration UI using this view.
- FortiNAC appliances to be installed with licenses that include additional certificates. This type of license was introduced January 1st 2020.
- FortiNAC version 8.7 or higher.
- FortiGate devices must be running FortiOS 6.4.0 or higher.
Add FortiNAC to the Security Fabric:
- In the FortNAC Administration UI, navigate to System > Settings > System Communication > Security Fabric Connection.
- Click Add.
- Enter the following values and save:
IP: Root FortiGate IP address
Refer to the FortiOS Administration Guide to complete configuration: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/administration-guide/264311/fortinac
- Authorize FortiNAC on the root FortiGate.
- Verify connection status.
- Login to FortiNAC Administration UI from the FortiGate.