The Alarms panel displays a list of recent alarms and has the following tabs: Latest Alarms, Statistics, and Charts.
For more information, see Alarms.
The Latest Alarms tab shows information about recent alarms, including when they occured, what type of alarm, and the network element affected.
When you select an alarm from the list, you can perform the following actions:
- Details: View more details about the alarm, including the cause
- Acknowledge: Mark the alarm as acknowledged
- Clear: Remove the alarm from the list
You can also filter the list of alarms by doing the following:
Click Set Filter.
- Use the Display Latest drop-down list to select the number of alarms to display. The default is 25.
- To filter the alarm list by severity level, enable Severity and use the drop-down list to select a severity level.
- To display alarms that you have acknowledged, enable Display Acknowledged Alarms.
- Click OK.
The Statistics tab shows information about alarm severity levels and the number of acknowledged alarms. Cleared alarms are not included.
You can filter the list of alarms to choose the timeframe of the data that is displayed. If you select a timeframe that is greater than the archive age time, you will not be able to see information for the entire timeframe. For more information, see Database archive.
To filter information, do the following:
- Click Set Filter.
- Enter the number of days to display.
- Click OK.
The Charts tab shows a chart of alarms for each day during the last 24 days. If you select a timeframe that is greater than the archive age time, you will not be able to see information for the entire timeframe. Use the Show options to select which alarms to display, based on severity level. Use Chart Type to select whether to display a Line or Stacked Bar chart.