Depending on permissions, as a guest manager sponsor you may be able to create and manage multiple guest or contractor accounts at one time. The process for creating bulk accounts is similar to that for creating single accounts.
- Log into your sponsor account.
- The Guest/Contractor Accounts window is displayed. Administrators select Users > Guest/Contractor Accounts.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Account screen, click Bulk Accounts.
Use the table below to fill in settings.
Choose either a Guest or Contractor Template.
Enable this check box if you want to manually specify a password for each guest. the Password must be the last field in each record. If enabled you must specify a password for every guest account being imported.
If the check box is disabled, FortiNAC generates a password for each guest account as it is imported.
FortiNAC does not recognize or restrict system-generated passwords that may be offensive.
You must create a separate record for each account you are creating. Type field place holders for data that you would like the guest to enter. Press Enter after each record to indicate that a new record has been started.
You also have the option of importing from a text file.
Required information for account creation. Use a comma to separate each field. You may choose to enter additional user information if it is available, but it is not required at this time. The guest or contractor will be prompted to fill in the missing fields before they can log into the network. If there is missing information, enter a comma in its place.
If you intend to provide login credentials to guests via SMS messages sent to their mobile telephones, you must include mobile number and mobile provider name in the account list of fields. See Mobile providers for instructions on accessing the list of names.
Import File From
If you have a CSV or text file of the user record information, click Import From File to import the text into the Account Information window. See Bulk guest import for more information.
Account Start Date
The day the account becomes active. You can start the account only on one of the days defined in your profile.
Account End Date
The date the accounts become inactive.
This date sets the User Expiration date for each Guest. A host registered to a guest inherits the setting for registered hosts in Global Aging. When the User expires, both the User and the Host are removed from the database. If the Host expires first, then only the Host is removed from the database.
- Click OK. The View Accounts screen opens with the account information in it. See Provide login information.
- Click Print or Send e-mail or Send SMS to provide account information and password to the guest or contractor, or Close. These options are visible to you depending on the privileges you have in your profile. Additional text can be added to the printout or email by typing the text into the Notes tab on the guest/contractor template before creating the account. See Create templates.
Guests also display on the user view. See User View.