FortiSwitch devices can be replaced from the FortiSwitch Manager > Managed FortiSwitches pane.
To replace a FortiSwitch device:
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed FortiSwitches, and select a managed FortiGate.
To replace a FortiSwitch device, the FortiGate device must be online and the FortiSwitch must be Deauthorized.
- Select FortiSwitch device and click Deauthorize in the toolbar or right-click menu.
- Right-click on the FortiSwitch device and click Replace.
- Enter the new FortiSwitch serial number, and click OK.
After the operation is complete, refresh the FortiSwitch list. The new FortiSwitch serial number is displayed and the original template is kept.
- Authorize the FortiSwitch, and the replacement is complete.