The Diagnostics and Tools form reports the general health of the FortiSwitch unit, displays details about the FortiSwitch unit, and allows you to run diagnostic tests.
You can perform the following tasks from the Diagnostics and Tools form:
Authorize or deauthorize the FortiSwitch
Upgrade the firmware running on the switch
Restart the FortiSwitch unit
Register the FortiSwitch unit
Run a Cable Test
Start and Stop an LED Blink
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups > Managed FortiGate.
- In the tree menu, select a FortiGate that contains the FortiSwitch you want to view and then select the unit in the FortiSwitch pane.
- In the toolbar, click More > Diagnostics and Tools, or right-click the unit and select Diagnostics and Tools.
When you have multiple FortiSwitch units and need to locate a specific switch, you can flash all port LEDs on and off for a specified number of minutes.
- In the FortiSwitch pane, select the unit you want to identify.
- Right-click the unit and select LED Blink > Start and then select 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or 60 minutes. You can also start the LED Blink from the Actions menu in the Diagnostics and Tools form.
- After you locate the FortiSwitch unit, click LED Blink > Stop.
For the 5xx switches, LED Blink flashes only the SFP port LEDs, instead of all the port LEDs.