By default, for two virtual domains to communicate it must be through externally connected physical interfaces. Inter-VDOM routing creates a link with two ends that act as virtual interfaces, internally connecting the two virtual domains.
Before configuring inter-VDOM routing:
- You must have at least two virtual domains configured.
- The virtual domains must all be in NAT mode.
- Each virtual domain to be linked must have at least one interface or subinterface assigned to it.
- Go to the device database. See Displaying the device database.
- In the device database, go to System > Interface.
- Click Create New > VDOM Link. The New VDOM Link pane opens.
- Complete the options, and click OK to save your settings.