When central management is enabled for FortiSwitch Manager, you can assign templates to switches. For more information about creating and managing FortiSwitch templates, see FortiSwitch Templates.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups > Managed Switches.
- In the tree menu, select a FortiGate to list its managed switches, or select Managed FortiGate to list all switches.
The list of managed FortiSwitch units is displayed in the content pane.
- Use the quick status bar to filter the list of switches in the content pane and help locate the switch.
- Select the switch, and click Assign Template from the toolbar.
- Select a FortiSwitch template from the dropdown list, then click OK to assign it.
- Install the changes. See Installing changes to managed switches.
Only templates that apply to the specific device model will be available for selection.
Templates can also be applied when editing a device. See Editing switches.