The Clients Monitor displays detailed information about connected clients and the health of individual WiFi connections .
- Go to AP Manager.
- In the tree menu, go to Device & Groups > Managed FortiGate (#), and select a managed device. Alternatively, you can select a device in a group, see FortiAP groups.
- In the toolbar, click More > Diagnostics and Tools, or right-click and select Diagnostics and Tools.
- In The Diagnostics and Tools pane, click the Clients tab.
- (Optional) In the toolbar, enter a search term in the Search field to locate a specific device.
- (Optional) In the toolbar, click Column Settings to add and remove columns, or reset to default.
The following columns are available:
The IP address assigned to the wireless client.
The SSID that the client connected to.
The serial number of the FortiAP unit that the client connected to.
The type of device that the client is using.
The wireless radio channel that is used.
Client received and transmitted bandwidth, in Kbps.
The signal-to-noise ratio in dBs calculated from signal strength and noise level.
The relative signal strength of the AP.
How long the client has been connected to this access point.
The type of authentication used.
Client received bandwidth, in Kbps.
Client transmitted bandwidth, in Kbps.
The OS version on the FortiAP.
The host name of the WiFi client, if available.
The amount of time that the client has been idle.
The manufacturer of the client device.
The connection rate between the WiFi client and the AP.