When performing the initial setup of FortiManager, you are required to register your FortiManager to FortiCare, which typically requires internet access. While operating in a closed network or air-gap environment, you must complete this step by uploading the entitlements file through the FortiManager CLI.
- In FortiManager, disable access to the public FortiGuard Distribution Servers (FDS) using the following CLI commands:
config fmupdate publicnetwork
set status disable
- Connect to the FortiManager GUI, and on the FortiManager login screen, click Upload License.
- Click Browse to select your FortiManager license or drag-and-drop the license file, and click Upload.
The license file will be applied, and the FortiManager will be restarted in order to verify the license.
- Sign in to FortiManager.
The FortiManager Setup Wizard is displayed.
In order to access your FortiManager, it must be registered to FortiCare in the FortiManager Setup Wizard.
- On FortiCloud, create a ticket for your FortiManager entitlements file, and Fortinet Customer Service will provide you with the file.
- You can upload your entitlement file either through the setup wizard or through the FortiManager CLI.
- Onboarding wizard:
- Select Import the Entitlement File in the FortiManager Setup wizard.
- Drag and drop the entitlement file into the import area, or click Add Files to select the file location.
- Command line interface:
- Open the FortiManager CLI.
- Upload the entitlements file using the following command.
exec fmupdate <ftp | scp | tftp> import license <filename> <server IP address> <remote path> <username> <password>
exec fmupdate ftp import license entitlement-file 188.8.131.52 /pub/place user1 password1
This operation will replace the current package!
Do you want to continue? (y/n)y
Start getting file from FTP Server...
Transferred 0.001M of 0.001M in 0:00:00s (0.008M/s)
FTP transfer is successful.
Package installation is in process...
This could take some time.
- Onboarding wizard:
- The FortiManager Setup wizard will display that you are successfully registered with FortiCare.