Spectrum analysis scans managed APs for channel conditions and sources of interference which can potentially impact efficiency.
AP capabilities will be limited during spectrum analysis.
- Enable JSON API access to Read-Write. See To enable read-write JSON API access.
- Create a new WiFi profile or modify an existing WiFi profile, by setting the Radio mode to Dedicated Monitor. See AP profiles.
- Assign the profile to the managed AP. See Assigning profiles to FortiAP devices.
- Use the Install Wizard to install the changes to FortiGate. See Install device settings only.
- Go to AP Manager .
- In the tree menu, go to Device & Groups > Managed FortiGate (#), select a managed device. Alternatively, you can select a device in a group, see FortiAP groups.
- Right-click a managed AP and select Diagnostics and Tools, or click More > Diagnostics and Tools in the toolbar.
- In the Diagnostics and Tools pane, click the Spectrum Analysis tab.
The following information is displayed:
Chart Description Signal Interference The noise levels for each channel Signal Interference Spectrogram A spectrogram of 60 samples of noise levels for different channels at specific time intervals. Duty Cycle The extent of a non-WiFi device/neighbouring AP is interfering with the signal. Duty Cycle Spectrogram A spectrogram of 60 duty samples for each channel over a period of time Detected Interference The detected interference Type, Frequency, and Last Detected date.