Cisco pxGrid for FortiManager centralizes the updates from pxGrid for all FortiGate devices, and leverages the efficient FSSO protocol to apply dynamic policy updates to FortiGate.
You can create multiple Cisco pxGrid connectors per ADOM.
- FortiManager version 6.0 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with Cisco pxGrid.
- The Cisco ISE server is configured, and the certificate is downloaded.
When the pxGrid connector is created, FortiManager will only process events with state "
Additionally, a Security Group must be defined. See steps below. Users with null a Security Group are ignored by FortiManager.
- Create a Security Group: Go to ISE > Work Centers > TrustSec > Components > Security Groups. Click Add.
- Create a User Identity Group: Go to ISE > Administration > Identity Management > Groups > User Identity Groups. Click Add.
- Create a user and add it to User Identity Group: Go to ISE > Administration > Identity Management > Identities. Click Add.
- Match the Security Group with User Identity Group in the policy: Go to ISE > Work Centers >TrustSec > Components > Policy Sets. Right-click and go to Authorization policy > Basic_Authenticatied _Access and click Edit to match the Security Group with the User Identity Group.
- Generate the pxGrid certificate and download it to the local computer: Go to ISE > Administration > pxGrid Services > Certificate and select Generate pxGrid Certificates.
- See log for current users: Go to ISE > Operations > RADIUS > Live Logs.
- See live sessions of current users: Go to ISE > Operations > RADIUS > Live Sessions.
- Go to System Settings > Certificates, and click Create New/Import > Certificate. Import the downloaded certificate.
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric > External Connectors, and click Create New. The Create New Fabric Connector wizard is displayed.
- Under Endpoint/Identity, select User pxGrid.
- Configure the following options and click OK to create the User pxGrid connector:
Type a name for the fabric connector object.
Toggle On to enable the fabric connector object. Toggle OFF to disable the fabric connector object.
Type the IP address for Cisco ISE server.
Select the imported CA Certificate.
Select the imported Client Certificate.
You must approve the pending FortiManager in Cisco ISE by going to Administrator > pxGrid Services > Clients and selecting and approving the FortiManager.
You can enable Automatically Approve New Accounts in Administrator > pxGrid Services > Settings to automatically approve new certificate-based accounts but you must manually approve any existing FortiManager devices that are pending approval before the feature can be enabled.
For more information about client approval, see the Cisco ISE documentation.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configuration > Single Sign-On.
- Select the connector and click Import.
The pxGrid connector is imported.
- Click Close to close the import dialog.
- Click User Groups and create a new group. Set the type as FSSO/Cisco TrustSec, and select pxGrid user as a member.
- Create a policy with the ISEgroup user group and install the policy to FortiGate.
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric > External Connectors. Click Monitor to see the users currently logged in.
- Log on to FortiGate to view the ISE user group.
- On the FortiGate command line, use the
diagnose debug authd fssolist to monitor the current user list.
config system connector
fsso-refresh-interval FSSO refresh interval (60 - 1800 seconds).
fsso-sess-timeout FSSO session timeout (30 - 600 seconds).
px-refresh-interval pxGrid refresh interval (60 - 1800 seconds).
px-svr-timeout pxGrid server timeout (30 - 600 seconds).
Realtime monitor debug to watch server connection:
diag debug application connector 255
Show retrieved Active Directory group:
diag system print connector (adom name) (user group name)
diag debug authd fsso server-status
diag debug authd fsso list-------> show connected users
IP: 192.168.1.19 User: test2 Groups: px_fc1_security_grp1 Workstation: MemberOf: fscs1
IP: 192.168.1.20 User: test2 Groups: px_fc1_security_grp1 Workstation: MemberOf: fscs1
Total number of logons listed: 2, filtered: 0
----end of FSSO logons----
diag debug authd fsso refresh-logon
diag debug authd fsso refresh-group