Using the SD-WAN overlay template
To use the SD-WAN overlay template:
- Pre-configure your network and SD-WAN devices. See Template prerequisites and network planning.
- Create an SD-WAN overlay template. See Configuring an SD-WAN overlay template.
- Assign metadata variables to devices.
branch_id variable is automatically created by the template, and each branch device must be assigned a unique value. When Automatic Branch ID Assignment setting is enabled in the wizard, the branch ID is automatically applied to devices in the branch device group. See Automatic Branch ID Assignment.
- Additional custom metadata variables can be used if required. See ADOM-level metadata variables.
- Configure the SD-WAN rules to include the newly created overlays by creating or editing an SD-WAN template. See SD-WAN rules and SD-WAN templates.
- Create the Policy Package for your branch and hub devices. See Managing policy packages.
- Install the changes to SD-WAN devices using the Install Wizard. See Install wizard
- (Optional) Edit the SD-WAN overlay template. See Editing the SD-WAN overlay template.
- (Optional) Add new branch devices. See Onboarding new branch devices.