You can use the AP Manager to create and manage SSID groups.
This topic includes the following:
- Creating SSIDs
- Adding SSID per-device mapping
- Adding additional DHCP options
- Adding a MAC address reservation
- Go to AP Manager > SSIDs.
The following options are available in the toolbar and right-click menu:
Create a new SSID (see Creating SSIDs) or SSID group.
Edit the selected SSID or group.
Clone the selected SSID or group.
Delete the selected SSID or group.
Import SSIDs from a connected FortiGate (toolbar only).
View where the SSID is used.
Adjust the visible columns.
- In the toolbar, click Create New > SSID Group. The Create New SSID Group windows opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the group.
- (Optional) In the Comment field, enter a brief description of the group
- (Optional) In the Members field, add SSIDs to the group .
- Click OK to create the SSID group.
- Select and SSID or group to edit.
- Open the SSID or Group.
Double-click the SSID or group.
In the toolbar, click Edit.
Right-click then select Edit.
The Edit SSIDor Edit SSID Group window opens.
- Edit the settings as required. The SSID name and traffic mode cannot be edited.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
- Select the SSIDs and groups to delete.
- In the toolbar click Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to delete the selected SSIDs and groups.
Deleting a group does not delete the SSIDs that are in the group.
- Select an SSID or group.
- In the toolbar click Clone, or right-click the SSID or group name, and select Clone. The Clone SSID or Clone SSID Group dialog box opens.
- Edit the settings as required. An SSID's traffic mode cannot be edited.
- Click OK to clone the SSID.
- in the toolbar click Import. The Import dialog box opens.
- From the FortiGate dropdown, select a device from the list. The list will include all of the devices in the current ADOM.
- From the Profile dropdown, select the SSID or SSIDs to be imported from the list.
- Click OK to import the SSID or SSIDs.