Configuring a FortiGate unit using the device database in FortiManager is very similar to configuring FortiGate units using the FortiOS GUI. You can also save the configuration changes to the configuration repository and install them to other FortiGate units at the same time.
This document does not provide detailed procedures for configuring FortiGate units. See the FortiGate documentation for complete information. The most up-to-date FortiGate documentation is also available in the Fortinet Document Library.
To install the device database:
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- In the toolbar, select Table View from the dropdown menu.
- In the tree menu, select a device group.
- In the content pane, select a device.
- From the Install menu, select Quick Install (Device DB).
- When the installation configuration is complete, click Finish.
The configuration changes are saved to the FortiManager device database instead of the FortiManager repository represented by the Revision History window.
To view the history of the configuration installation, click the View History button in the History column to open the Install History dialog box. This can be particularly useful if the installation fails.
You can rename and reapply firewall objects after they are created and applied to a firewall policy. When you do so, the FortiManager system will: delete all dependencies, delete the object, recreate a new object with the same value, and recreate the policy to reapply the new object.