This dashboard panel contains a graph of host scans done per hour, per day or total scans based on a date range. Additional filters allow you to limit the data as needed. This data is similar to the data displayed in the Scan Results View. However, it is retrieved from a different database table that is not affected by the scheduled archive and purge of scans. As a result the Scan Results View and the Scans Panel may display different data. See Scan results view for additional information.
- Click in the Chart drop-down and select the scans to be displayed. Options include Scans Per Day, Scans Per Hour,or Total Scans.
Enter date information for the scan chart selected. Date information required varies depending on the chart you selected:
- If you selected Scans Per Day, enter the end date of the date range. The panel automatically calculates back 24 days. Days begin/end at midnight.
- If you selected Scans Per Hour, enter a single date. The panel displays 24 hours.
- If you selected Total Scans, enter a start and end date. The panel aggregates the totals across the entire date range.
Use the check boxes across the bottom of the panel to limit the number of scans by results. Options include:
- Passed—Scans that ran and the host passed.
- Failed—Scans that ran and the host failed. This includes scans that are set to Failure Pending.
- Script Failed—Scan tried to run but failed before determining the host's state.
- Warning—Scan determined that the host failed the scan policy and an administrator received a warning.
Hosts may need to be scanned more than once if they fail the initial scan. Therefore, each scan does not represent a single host.
- To filter data displayed on the panel, click the Set Filter button.
- Enable one or more filters by marking the boxes with a check mark.
For each filter selected, choose an option in the drop-down menu. See the table below for definitions:
Scans performed by the Dissolvable Agent.
Scans performed by the System based on the following scripts:
- ForceCSARescan—Forces the Target Group of hosts using the Dissolvable agent to be rescanned by setting the hosts in the group to At-Risk.
- ForcePersistentAgent—Forces the Target Group of hosts using the Persistent agent to be rescanned by setting the hosts in the group to At-Risk.
- PassAllClients—Sets the Target Group of hosts to Safe.
- FailAllClients—Sets the Target Group of hosts to At Risk.
Scans performed by the Persistent Agent.
Custom scans that may run at a different interval than the scan with which they are associated.
Filters scans based on the host's operating system.
Filters scans based on the name of the scan used to evaluate the host.
- Click OK to save. Filter options are saved for each admin user.