Export data to a CSV file, an Excel spreadsheet, a PDF document or an RTF document. Select from a list of possible fields and control the order of the data in the export. If you plan to re-import the same file after editing it, you must use a CSV file. See Import hosts, users or devices for a list of fields that can be exported or imported and their definitions.
- Navigate to a View with export options at the bottom, such as the Host View.
- Use the Search or Filters to display a list of records.
- Use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select the records you wish to export. If you do not select specific records, all displayed records are exported. When the Export dialog is displayed, check the Selected Rows check box to export only selected records.
- At the bottom of the window, click the icon for the type of export file needed, such as PDF.
- In the File Name field, enter a name for the export file. Do not add an extension. It is added when you click OK based on the file type you selected in the previous step.
- The fields contained in the Export Dialog vary based on the View from which you are exporting.
- Select the field(s) you want to export and click the right-arrow to move the field to the Show As Columns list. Ctrl-click to select more than one field at a time.
- Click the double-arrows to move all of the fields from one column to the other.
- To remove fields from the export, select them in the Show As Columns list and click the left-arrow.
- To reorder the fields in the Show As Columns list, click the field and then click the Up or Down arrows. The order displayed from top to bottom corresponds to the columns in the export from left to right. For example, if the first field at the top of the list is Last Name, that is the left most column in the export.
- To sort fields alphabetically, click the Sort button labeled AZ.
- Check the Selected Rows check box to export only the records selected in the View. If you leave this box unchecked, all the records in the View are exported.
A Header line consisting of the field names is inserted in the .csv file if you check either or both of the Make Importable check boxes. In addition, the fields required for import are automatically added to your export.
When you select the Make Importable check box while exporting users, any user with an authentication type of "LDAP" is imported as a local user.
Only the Export Dialog accessed from Users, Hosts or Adapters views includes two Make Importable check boxes because of the relationship between Users and their corresponding Hosts. The Export Dialog accessed from other views may have one Make Importable check box, such as, Admin Users, or no Make Importable check boxes, such as Connections.
- Click OK.
- Depending on your browser, the file is either generated and saved to a downloads location or you may need to navigate to the location where the file is to be placed.