Use the Bookmarks menu to create links to views you access frequently. Changes to Bookmarks are stored for each user individually based on user name. Bookmarks can be placed within user specified groups and sub-groups. Create Groups first and then add bookmarks.
In some cases, existing bookmarks will not work. This can be caused by the following:
- A software upgrade where names or locations of some views have been modified.
- A change in the user's permissions.
- The user has bookmarked a view that is normally launched by selecting an object, such as right clicking on a device to launch the Device Properties view. The Device Properties view requires information about the device in order to open, if this information is not available to the server the bookmark fails.
Add a bookmark group
- Select Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks and click Add Group.
- The New Group dialog is displayed.
- In the Name field enter a name for this group.
- If this group will be a sub-group, click in the Add to group drop-down and select the group where this new group should be placed.
- Click OK to save.
Add a bookmark
- Use the menu bar at the top of the window to navigate to the screen you wish to bookmark.
- Click the star in the banner next to the name of the view or select Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks and click Add Bookmark.
- The New Bookmark dialog is displayed.
- On the Bookmark dialog, the Name field is filled in with the name of the view displayed. This is the name that will be displayed on the Bookmarks menu. Edit the name if necessary.
- The URL field is filled in with the name and location of the panel that is currently displayed. If you know the URL of another view you can edit this field, however, it is recommended that you navigate to the view itself to ensure accuracy.
- In the Open bookmark in field select either Same Window or New Window. Same Window will change the current window to the new View. New Window will open another instance of the browser with the new view displayed.
- If you would like to place this bookmark in a previously created group, click in the Add to group drop-down and select the group where this new bookmark should be placed.
- Click OK to save.
Delete or edit a bookmark
- Select Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.
- The list of bookmarks is displayed.
- To delete a bookmark, click the red X to the left of the bookmark name. The bookmark is deleted immediately.
- To edit a bookmark, click the Edit icon to the left of the bookmark name.