Custom scans options within a category level
Custom scans can be enabled for various categories within a security scan such as the anti-virus or operating system requirements. When a host is checked for compliance with the security scan and one of the products within a category has a custom scan enabled, the custom scan is also used for hosts with the selected product. For example, if the security scan checks for the existence of AVG Anti-Virus and a Custom Scan has been associated with AVG, then hosts with AVG will also be scanned using the Custom Scan.
Before adding a Custom Scan to a security scan you must create the custom scan. See Windows or macOS.
- Click Policy > Policy Configuration.
- In the menu on the left click the + sign next to Endpoint Compliance to open it.
- Click the Scans option to select it.
- Modify the security scan that will use this custom scan.
- Click either the Windows, the macOS, or the Linux tab.
- Click the Category drop-down on the Modify Scan view and select: anti-virus, operating system, etc.
- Click the specific item within the sub-category (i.e. product name).
- Click the Custom Scans tab and click next to the Custom Scan name to be applied to this sub-category.
- Click OK to save the selected custom scan.
- Click OK to save changes to the security scan.