The Alarm panel displays a subset of the information available on the Alarms View. It provides an at a glance view of alarms that have been triggered by events. The list is filtered to limit the number and type of alarms displayed. You can Acknowledge or Clear alarms and view alarm details. See Alarms view and Add or modify alarm mapping for additional information.
Latest alarms tab
The Latest Alarms tab displays each alarm with date, time, and the elements affected. Elements include items such as, MAC Address or IP address. Click the Acknowledge button to indicate that you are aware of the selected alarm. Click the Clear button to remove the selected alarm from the database.
Click the Set Filter button on the Latest Alarms Tab.
- In the Filter window, click in the Display Latest drop-down list and select the number of alarms to display. The maximum is 100.
- To filter by Severity, mark the Severity check box with a check mark to enable it and select the severity level from the drop-down list. Levels include Critical, Minor, Warning and Informational.
- To display Acknowledged Alarms, mark that check box with a check mark to enable it.
- Click OK. Filter settings are displayed on the Alarms panel to the right of the Set Filter button.
Filter settings are stored for each user.
- Select an alarm from the list displayed in the Latest Alarms tab.
- Click the Details button.
- Click Acknowledge to mark the alarm as acknowledged.
- Click Clear to remove the alarm from the database.
Click Close to return to the Dashboard.
The Statistics tab displays alarm totals by severity. In addition, each total is broken down into Acknowledged and Unacknowledged alarms. Alarms can be marked as Acknowledged to indicate that a user is aware of the alarm. You can clear alarms that are no longer needed. Cleared alarms are not included in totals.
The Set Filter button allows you to choose the number of days of data that will be tallied by this Statistics screen. Depending on the age time selected in the FortiNAC Properties window and your archive and purge schedule, you may not be able to view data for the number of days selected on the Statistics tab. For example, the default age time for events and alarms is seven days. If you select nine days on the Statistics tab, you may not be able to see data for all nine days. See Database archive for information on age time.
Filter settings are stored for each Admin user.
- Click the Set Filter button on the Statistics tab.
- Type the number of days to go back and collect data.
- Click OK.
If the number of days is too large, you may see a warning indicating the number of days selected for the age time in the FortiNAC Properties window. If the Age Time for purging alarm data is set to 7 days and you select 30 days for the filter, the panel will display data for as many days as it can access within the range selected.
The Charts tab provides a chart of alarms per day for the last 24 days. Depending on the age time settings in the FortiNAC Properties window and the archive and purge schedule, you may not have 24 days of data available. Use the Show check boxes across the bottom of the chart to select the alarms to display. The graphical representation of the alarms can be either a line or a stacked bar. Use the Chart Type options at the bottom of the window to change the graphic.