Add ports to groups
Ports on your network can belong to groups. Group membership can be viewed from the Groups View window or by selecting the port in the Topology View.
- Click Network Devices > Topology.
- Expand the container where the device is located.
- Select a device.
- In the Ports tab on the right, use Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select the records you wish to add to the group.
- Right-click on the ports and select Add Ports To Groups.
To add the port to a group, click the box next to the group name and then click OK.
To create a missing group:
- Click the Create Group button.
- Enter a group name.
- If the new group should be a sub-group of an existing group, enable the Parent Group option and select the appropriate group from the list.
- Description is optional.
- Click OK to save the new group.
- Click OK to save your group selections.
If an item is placed in a subgroup, it can only be removed when viewing the membership of that subgroup. It cannot be removed from the parent group containing the subgroup.