To update your servers in a High Availability environment note the following:
- The Primary server must be running and in control in order to update the system.
- The Secondary server(s) must be running.
- The Primary server must be able to communicate with the Secondary server(s).
- The Primary server automatically updates the Secondary server(s).
- If the Secondary server(s) is in control, FortiNAC prevents you from updating and displays a message with detailed instructions indicating that the Primary must be running and in control.
Update the Primary server following the instructions for a regular system update in the FortiNAC Admin UI. See Settings > Updates > System Update in the Help for update instructions.
If you have a FortiNAC Control Manager that manages your FortiNAC servers, you can run the update from the FortiNAC Control Manager and select all managed servers to propagate the update throughout your environment.