Instead of creating a new template, you can clone the default template.
- Go to Device Manager > Provisioning Templates > IPsec Tunnel Templates.
- Click Create New from the toolbar. The Create New IPsec Tunnel Template dialog appears.
- Enter a Name for the template.
- Click OK. The new template is created.
- Click on the template name from the tree menu at the left. The IPsec settings for the template appear on screen:
Name of the IPsec tunnel.
Automatic: Static routes to remote subnet will be created.
Remote Gateway (IP Address)
This field accepts meta field variables and you will use the remote_site_id meta field variable here, for example,
101.71.$(remote_site_id).1, where the meta field variable value will be substituted at runtime.
We need to create and select a normalized interface with per-device mapping as different devices use different local interfaces. In this case, it is IPsecLAN.
Local Network Address Object Name
Select Interface Local Address, and enter the meta field variable
$(branch_local_network), where the meta field variable value will be substituted at runtime.
200.71.$(remote_site_id).0/255.255.255.0, where the meta field variable value will be substituted at runtime.
Pre-shared Key: Alphanumeric key used for device authentication.
Tunnel Interface Setup
Configure the IP and/or remote IP for the tunnel to use in the IPsec template.
Expand to access and set a number of advanced options.
- Click Apply at the bottom to save the settings. The IPsec template is created and is ready to be assigned to devices.