Assign a global policy package
Global policy packages can be assigned or installed to all policies in an ADOM or to specific policies packages within an ADOM.
Only ADOMs of the same version as the global database or the next higher major release are presented as options for assignment. Each policy package can only have one global policy package assigned to it, but multiple global policy packages can be used in an ADOM.
The central NAT setting must be consistent between the global policy package and the ADOM to which you are assigning the policy package. Because central NAT is not supported at the global level, you should disable central NAT in all ADOMs to which you are assigning a global policy package.
The inspection-mode setting must also match in the global policy package and the ADOM to which you are assigning the policy package.
To assign a global policy package:
- Ensure you are in the Global Database ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu for the policy package, click Assignment. The ADOM assignment list is displayed in the content pane.
- If required, select Add ADOM to add an ADOM to the assignment list.
The Add ADOM to Global Policy Package dialog opens.
- In the assignment list, select an ADOM, or click Select All.
- Select the global policy packages that will be assigned to the specified ADOM(s) from one of the following options:
- All Policy Packages: Assigns the global policy package to all policy packages.
- Specify Policy Packages to Exclude: Assigns the global policy package to all except the specified policy packages.
- Specify Policy Packages to Include: Assigns the global policy package to only the specified policy packages.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Select an ADOM in the Assignment table, and click Assign Selected from the content toolbar.
The Assign dialog box opens.
- Select whether you want to assign only used objects or all objects, and if policies will be automatically installed to ADOM devices.
- Click OK to assign the global policy package to the selected ADOMs.
The ADOM Policy Packages column in the Assignment table displays if the global policy package is assigned to all policy packages or a partial number of policy packages in the ADOM.
In the Assignment pane you can also edit the ADOM list, delete ADOMs from the list, and assign and unassign ADOMs.