Spectrum analysis for managed APs
Spectrum analysis scans managed APs for channel conditions and sources of interference which can potentially impact efficiency.
AP capabilities will be limited during spectrum analysis.
To assign an AP profile to a managed AP:
- Enable JSON API access to Read-Write. See To enable read-write JSON API access.
- Create a new WiFi profile or modify an existing WiFi profile, by setting the Radio mode to Dedicated Monitor. See AP profiles.
- Assign the profile to the managed AP. See Assigning profiles to FortiAP devices.
- Use the Install Wizard to install the changes to FortiGate. See Install device settings only.
To view the spectrum analysis for a managed AP:
- Go to AP Manager .
- In the tree menu, go to Device & Groups > Managed FortiGate (#), select a managed device. Alternatively, you can select a device in a group, see FortiAP groups.
- Right-click a managed AP and click View Spectrum Analysis, or click More in the toolbar and click View Spectrum Analysis.
The following information is displayed:
|Signal Interference||The noise levels for each channel|
|Signal Interference Spectrogram||A spectrogram of 60 samples of noise levels for different channels at specific time intervals.|
|Duty Cycle||The extent of a non-WiFi device/neighbouring AP is interfering with the signal.|
|Duty Cycle Spectrogram||A spectrogram of 60 duty samples for each channel over a period of time|
|Detected Interference||The detected interference Type, Frequency, and Last Detected date.|