Adding hard disks
Some FortiManager units have space to add more hard disks to increase your storage capacity.
Fortinet recommends you use the same disks as those supplied by Fortinet. Disks of other brands will not be supported by Fortinet. For information on purchasing extra hard disks, contact your Fortinet reseller.
To add more hard disks:
- Obtain the same disks as those supplied by Fortinet.
- Back up the log data on the FortiManager unit.
You can also migrate the data to another FortiManager unit, if you have one. Data migration reduces system down time and the risk of data loss.
- Install the disks in the FortiManager unit.
If your unit supports hot swapping, you can do so while the unit is running. Otherwise the unit must be shut down first. See Unit Operation widget for information.
- Configure the RAID level. See Configuring the RAID level.
- If you backed up the log data, restore it.