Creating custom commands
When creating or editing a new FortiSwitch template, you can include custom commands in the template. After the template has been assigned to the FortiSwitch, use the Install Wizard to install the custom command entry to the FortiGate.
To create a custom command:
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > FortiSwitch Templates.
- In the tree menu, select Custom Command.
- In the content pane, click Create New in the toolbar. The Create New Custom Command window opens.
Below is an example custom command.
- Enter the following information, then click OK to create the new custom command.
Name Type a name for the custom command template. Description Optionally, type a description.
Enter the CLI commands.
You can now add the custom command to a FortiSwitch template.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > FortiSwitch Templates > FortiSwitch Template, and edit an existing template or create a new one.
- In the Custom Command Entry table, click Create New.
The Create New Custom Command Entry dialog appears.
- Enter a name for the command entry and select your previously configured custom command. Click OK, and save your changes to the FortiSwitch template.
You can now install the custom command using the Install Wizard. See Installing changes to managed switches.