Authorizing FortiOS VMs
FortiOS VMs must be authorized for central management by FortiManager before they can be authorized for metering. See Add devices.
To authorize metered FortiOS VMs:
- Ensure that the VM is authorized for central management by FortiManager. See Add devices.
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Device Manager > VM Meter.
- Select a device then click Authorize in the toolbar, right-click on a device then select Authorize, or double-click on a device. The Authorize Device(s) dialog box opens.
An unauthorized device can use firewall services for up to 48 hours.
- Select the License Type:
Maximum of two devices can have a trial license at any one time.
No traffic data are sent to FortiGuard, so no points are used.
Can be used for up to 30 days.
Points used based on the service level and volume of traffic going to FortiGuard.
- Select the Services:
Firewall only. This option cannot be deselected.
Web filtering services.
Application control services.
All services are selected.
- Click OK to authorize the device.