When creating a device zone, map the zone to a physical interface. You must also map the zone to a normalized interface to use the zone in a policy. See also Normalized interfaces.
To create a device zone:
- Go to the device database. See Displaying the device database.
- In the device database, go to System > Interface. The Interface pane is displayed.
- Click Create New > Device Zone.
The New Device Zone pane opens.
- Complete the options, and click OK.
The interface members are physical interfaces.
- Create a normalized interface for the zone. See Creating normalized interfaces.