After creating an interface on the FortiManager, an interface mapping must be created so that the new interface can be used when creating policies. To do this, create a new dynamic interface with per-device mapping.
To create a new dynamic interface with per-device mapping:
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations.
- Go to Zone/Interface > Interface and click Create New > Dynamic interface.
- Enter a name and description for the dynamic interface.
- Turn on Per-Device Mapping.
- Click Add. The Per-Device Mapping dialog box opens.
- Select the device or VDOM in the Mapped Device field, select the interface in the Device Interface field, then click OK.
- Click OK to create the new dynamic interface object.
The mapped interface can now be used when creating policies.