Assigning administrators to an ADOM
Super user administrators can create other administrators and either assign ADOMs to their account or exclude them from specific ADOMs, constraining them to configurations and data that apply only to devices in the ADOMs they can access.
By default, when ADOMs are enabled, existing administrator accounts other than admin are assigned to the root domain, which contains all devices in the device list. For more information about creating other ADOMs, see Creating ADOMs.
To assign an administrator to specific ADOMs:
- Log in as a super user administrator. Other types of administrators cannot configure administrator accounts when ADOMs are enabled.
- Go to System Settings > Admin > Administrator.
- Double-click on an administrator, right-click on an administrator and then select the Edit from the menu, or select the administrator then click Edit in the toolbar. The Edit Administrator pane opens.
- Edit the Administrative Domain field as required, either assigning or excluding specific ADOMs.
- Select OK to apply your changes.
The admin administrator account cannot be restricted to specific ADOMs.