Policy Lookup allows you to search for policies on a FortiGate device or a VDOM based on certain parameters.
To perform a Policy Lookup:
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu for a policy package, select a policy type. For example, select IPv4 policy.
- Click Policy Lookup. The IPv4 Policy lookup from remote device dialog is displayed.
- Select or specify the values for the following fields and click OK to search for a policy.
Select the FortiGate device or the VDOM from the drop-down.
Select the source interface from the drop-down.
Select the protocol from the drop-down.
Specify a number between 1 to 255.
Specify the source IP address.
Specify the destination IP address or a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
The Policy Lookup feature is available only for IPv4 and IPv6 policies.
FortiManager must be in sync with the FortiGate devices or VDOMs either by installing or importing the policy. If FortiManager is not in sync with the FortiGate devices, a message will be shown that the device is out of sync. You can still perform the policy lookup, but the results may not be accurate.