Assigning profiles to FortiAP devices
You use the AP Manager pane to assign profiles to FortiAP devices, and you use the Device Manager pane to install profiles to FortiAP devices when you install a configuration to the FortiGate that controls the FortiAP device.
For more information about creating and managing AP profiles, see AP profiles.
To assign profiles to FortiAP devices:
- In the tree menu, select the group or FortiGate that contains the FortiAP device the profile will be applied to.
- Locate the FortiAP device in the list in the content pane, or refine the list by selecting an option from the quick status bar.
- Either select the FortiAP and click Assigned Profile from the toolbar, or right-click on the FortiAP and select Assigned Profile. The Assign AP Profile window opens.
- Select a FortiAP profile from the dropdown list, then click OK to assign the profile.
To install FortiAP profiles to devices:
- Go to the Device Manager pane.
- Select the FortiGate device that controls the FortiAP device
- Right click and select Install Config, or select Install > Install Config from the toolbar.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to install the configuration to the device. See Configuring a device for more information.