Configure FortiSwitch on FortiManager using its serial number and deploy FortiSwitch devices across the network using zero touch deployment. After configuring FortiSwitch on FortiManager, you can deploy remote FortiSwitch devices by just plugging them into remote FortiGate devices.
- FortiManager version 5.6 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with FortiSwitch.
- The FortiSwitch serial number is available.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed Switches.
- Click Create New. The Add FortiSwitch screen is shown.
- Configure the following settings and click OK to create a model FortiSwitch and add it to managed FortiGate:
Select the FortiGate device or VDOM from the drop-down.
Select the port where the FortiSwitch will be connected.
Specify the FortiSwitch serial number.
Specify a name.
- Click Close to close the Add FortiSwitch dialog.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups and click Install Wizard.
- Select Install Device Settings (only). Click Next.
- Select the FortiGate device where the FortiSwitch will be connected. Click Next.
- Click Install.Wait for the installation to complete.
- Connect FortiSwitch to FortiGate.
- The default FortiSwitch template is deployed to FortiSwitch. The progress can be viewed in the notification toolbar in FortiManager.
The Zero Touch Deployment process can also be used to deploy FortiGate devices. For more information, see Adding a model device.