After adding the Interface Members, Health-Check Servers, creating SD-WAN templates, and assigning devices to the SD-WAN template, go to SD-WAN > Monitor to monitor the FortiGate devices.
The FortiGate devices can be monitored from two views, Map View and Table View.
To monitor SD-WAN with Map View:
- Click Map View to view the SD-WAN link on Google Maps.
- Hover over the SD-WAN icon. The following information is shown:
<Name of the FortiGate device> (<Model>)
Shows whether the interface is meeting the performance SLA criteria.
Actual value of Jitter.
Actual value of Latency.
Packet Loss (ms)
Actual value of Packet loss.
Bandwidth of data transmitted and received.
Volume of data transmitted and received.
Number of active sessions.
Select Show Unhealthy Devices only to show only the devices that do not meet the Performance SLA criteria.
To monitor SD-WAN with Table View:
- Click Table View to view the SD-WAN parameters for each device.
The following information is shown for each device:
Name of the device.
Add or remove the Internet Services from the Services Settings drop-down. The data is shown for the selected Internet Services. The Internet Services are specified in SD-WAN Rules > Destination type > Internet Service in FortiGate.
Add or remove the Applications from the Services Settings drop-down. The data is shown for the selected applications. The applications are specified in SD-WAN Rules > Destination type > Internet Service in FortiGate.
Volume of data transmitted up stream
Volume of data transmitted down stream.
FortiManager extracts the data from FortiGate devices based on the refresh settings. Select the automatic refresh interval from Every 5 Minutes to Every 30 Minutes. Alternatively, you can select Manual Refresh to refresh the data manually.
Hover over a service for a device that is shown in red. A pop-up shows the parameters that have failed the SLA criteria.
SD-WAN Monitoring History
FortiManager provides an option to collect and store SD-WAN Monitor data. Go to SD-WAN > Monitor > Table View to view the following drill-down data:
- Click each FortiGate device to view drill-down values for the particular device. The graphs available are Bandwidth Overview, Traffic Overview, Jitter, Latency, and Packet Loss.
- Click each application to view drill-down values for the particular application. The graphs available are Jitter, Latency, and Packet Loss.
By default, SD-WAN Monitoring History is disabled. When this feature is disabled, data for only the last 10 minutes is displayed. You can refresh to view the data directly from FortiGate devices. No historical data is stored in FortiManager when this feature is disabled.
You can enable the SD-WAN Monitoring history using the following command line:
config system admin setting
set sdwan-monitor-history enable
When this feature is enabled, you can view the SD-WAN Monitoring history in the following ways:
- SD-WAN Monitoring data can be viewed for the past 24, 12, 6, 1, and N hours.
- SD-WAN Monitoring history is stored in FortiManager for 8 days.