Security > Intrusion Detection lets you manually add IPs to be exempted from being blocked, remove system added exempt IPs if you find them suspicious, and configure intrusion detection Setting.
The manually added IPs are usually from the sources that you trust. For example, IPs from external customer devices can be added.
IPs of the devices that are registered to the FortiVoice unit are automatically added to the exempt list.
To add an exempt IP
- Go to Security > Intrusion Detection > Exempt IP.
- Click New.
- Enter the IP.
- Click Create.
To remove an auto exempt IP
- Go to Security > Intrusion Detection > Auto Exempt IP.
- Select an IP you want to remove and click Delete.
To configure intrusion detection settings
- Go to Security > Intrusion Detection > Setting.
- Configure the following:
- Disable: Select to stop the intrusion detection activities.
- Monitor Only: Select to only track the intrusion detection activities.
- Enable: Select to activate the intrusion detection activities.
Select the method to track the traffic access (and IPs) to the FortiVoice unit.
Initial block period
Enter the time in minutes to initially block every new device/IP trying to access the FortiVoice unit. This is to screen out spammers or attackers because they normally will not try again after being blocked initially.
- Click Apply.