Call park is a feature for placing a call on hold and then retrieving it from any other local extension. By default, the FortiVoice unit has 20 park orbits, 301–320.
To view the parked calls, see Viewing parked calls.
To configure call parking
- Go to Call Feature > Call Parking > Call Parking.
- For Park call number, enter the number to dial to park a call. The default is 300.
For example, if you enter 300, depending on the phone, when a user receives a call and wants to park it, the user may:
- Press *1300.
The FortiVoice unit selects the first available park orbit (301–320). The user hears a confirmation indicating the caller has been parked successfully and into which park orbit.
By default, dialing *1 and then 300 parks a call.
- Provide the park orbit to the person with the parked call through paging or other means (e.g. “Mary, there is a call parked for you in 301”. Mary can then pick up any phone and dial 301 to retrieve the parked call.).
- For Park line start, enter the starting park orbit. The default is 301.
- For Park line end, enter the ending park orbit. The default is 320.
- For Parking time out, enter the time, in seconds, to time out the parked call. The default is 60 seconds.
- For Music on hold, select the music on hold file to play while the call is place on hold. Click Edit to modify the selected file or click New to configure a new one. For more information on music on hold, see Managing phone audio settings .
- Click Apply.