After completing the configuration, you can connect a SIP phone to your VoIP network and make an internal, external, or office peer test call.
If the SIP phone and the FortiVoice unit (PBX) are on different subnets, proper routing should be set to make them reachable
If you make a office peer test call, make sure that your FortiVoice unit and the peer office PBX are mutually registered. For more information, see Configuring office peers.
- Depending on the phone you use, the procedure to connect the phone may vary. Refer to the phone user manuals for instructions.
- Generally, you need to configure the following on the phone after powering it up and connecting it to the network:
- Enter the IP address of the phone if it is not DHCP-enabled.
- Enter the SIP server IP address and port number (5060 by default) of the FortiVoice unit.
- Enter the extension number and SIP password you have configured and make sure the extension is enabled.
If you have not imported or added any extensions, do it first. For more information, see Configuring IP extensions. The extension number on the FortiVoice unit and your phone should match.